LERAA wish to collect any information you have regarding any of the above. The fellows of times gone by made do without many of the ‘things we take for granted’
Aquoil: Cleaning after using corrosive ammunition. Mix 3 parts water 1 part Youngs 303.
Colin Street : A good, cheap to make, range clean solution is 3-5% solution of Ammonia (not Cloudy Ammonia) and boiled water, it kills Mercuric primer salts in their track. A good copper remover too, so don’t use your bronze brushes with it.
Chris Webb : Ed’s Red Bore Cleaner
- 1 part Dexron II, IIe or III ATF, GM Spec. D-20265 or later.
- 1 part Kerosene – deodorized, K1
- 1 part Aliphatic Mineral Spirits, Fed. Spec. TT-T-2981F, CAS #64741-49-9, or substitute “Stoddard Solvent”, CAS #8052-41-3, or equivalent, (aka “Varsol”)
- 1 part Acetone, CAS #67-64-1.
- (Optional up to 1 lb. of Lanolin, Anhydrous, USP per gallon, OK to substitute Lanolin, Modified, Topical Lubricant, from the drug store)
Post on our Facebook group or use the contact form below. Your contribution is welcomed.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]